Translate

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Homemade CNC machine

I did some work on my CNC machine. It will use heavy duty drawer slides for the linear bearings. And the framework is made of wood. The movement will be stepper motor driving threaded rod and a homemade delrin nut to minimize backlash.


I noticed that the bearings were tight for the first 10 inches of movement, so I modified them so that I could get 8 inches the back way as well. That way, I have it set for about 16 inches of movement, and NO PLAY AT ALL!





 The idea is to have one end of the threaded rod suspended in a bearing block. I used bearings from a used pair of roller blades. The threaded rod is 1/4 inch.






6 comments:

  1. Trying to buy your wind power book but the link is broken. Could you help me? How can I purchase your book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and the book I am trying to purchase in the Wind Power book with software and forklift battery info

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite innovative idea! Homemade cnc machine seems great. Looking for more ideas from you.

    Keyword

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done a great job thanks for sharing.

    Himes Machinery

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice work..
    http://myhomemadecnc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gotta favorite this site it seems handy very helpful cnc machining

    ReplyDelete